With holidays comes money

I work on all major holidays. Always do. Comes with my line of employment since I cater to people so that they may go away on vacations. So this week is pretty busy and tomorrow promises to be a bit busier. Not that I’m complaining. At least not when it comes to the 4th of July (aside from dodging the dang parade that shuts down various streets in my neighborhood for half a day), though Christmas and Thanksgiving gets a bit more chaotic, partly due to the weather conditions and a sharp increase in demand.

More business equals more pay, and I’ve been needing to replenish my savings lately. Works out all the way around.

This entire month is looking fairly busy, so that’s nice. New business has been coming my way too, and I’ve began accepting new clients once again after taking a few months break to stick with those I’m already familiar with. No need to advertise much these days since most business comes by way of word of mouth. Which I’m grateful for. One of the perks of being at it this long and having built a solid reputation for being reliable.

Not going to state here what I do for a living, though undoubtedly its been mentioned elsewhere on the blog and I’m certain I’ve mentioned it in past youtube videos. Note: it’s a legal enterprise, for anyone who’s curious. ha

What else? Worked out by myself today, including weight-lifting. Much as I used to loathe sweating I’m now growing accustomed to it to the point where I don’t feel productive unless I leave the gym reasonably well-soaked. Shows me I’m actually getting somewhere and not wasting my time. The endorphins are a godsend as well. I do believe exercise is helping a great deal in getting my mind right after all the stress of the last year or two.

Life’s pretty uneventful currently. Just trying to take it easy and avoid unnecessary drama and bullshit. My best guyfriend stopped by today to take my bike to get its tires aired up and helped fix something in my shower. Nice dude. Very helpful man. He intends to grill out at some point this weekend and will invite a couple of us over, and one of these days he and his friend want to visit an antique car show and have asked me to come along. Something to get me out of this apartment, so I’m game.

Played pool with a man a couple nights ago who seemed to enjoy my company. Might see him around in the future. Last night I chatted with a Texan up here visiting family and we discussed the people of this state and their quirks and what industries rule around these parts. Nice to talk with someone not born and raised here for a change of pace. Though I’m just mingling, only open to friendship and acquaintances and nothing more at this juncture.

Not been doing much on youtube lately. I see a few of the so-called “MGTOWs” have come back around with their insults, aiming to bait me into arguments with them on my channel, per their norm. Interacted a little and then walked away. No point dealing much with that crowd. It’s the same old scene since I first laid eyes on it 3 years back. Never changes, never improves, never ceases to be a hatefest. Weird online movement. I’d rather see men actually find something productive to do with themselves other than sitting around bitching endlessly about women, but that’s their prerogative and they’re bullheaded about staying that course. *shrugs* Very odd bunch. But ah well. They’ll do what they wish, and I’ll keep moving along as I’ve been doing. No good comes from feuding with the vast majority of them.

Otherwise did a little cleaning around here today between appointments. Needing to clear out my livingroom so that I can exercise at home as well. But it’s a small, narrow space that’s tricky to get in order when I’ve acquired so much stuff over time. Cleared some out today, so that’s something. About to take a shower and relax for a while before heading back out to my night appointment and then on to whatever else.

Tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to With holidays comes money

Sounds like things are getting better! Yay!!

Little by little, yes. And thank you. Nice to get over a situation I shouldn’t have stayed in in the first place.

Think of it, perhaps, as breaking a bone while playing soccer. A negative result of something you were involved with. Now you have to heal and move on, whatever that means.

Yup, we limp on. Kinda like how people love to say what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. That saying unnerves me. Like, how do you know that? Sometimes what doesn’t kill you just maims you, and that maiming might be no small matter. Sometimes whatever goes down winds up driving a person crazy. Sometimes people’s spirits get broken. Not all emerge stronger, no matter how often we repeat that paraphrased quote of Nietzsche’s. *shrugs*

LOL! Well, yeah, it’s one of those motivational bumper sticker place-holder phrases. (Like, “It’ll all work out for the best!”)

If we went around admitting the truth, that life chips away at us daily and sometimes drives a fucking truck through our living room — which we were occupying at the time — and we never fully recover from that (cause of, you know, all the broken bones and brain damage), that most of us would never get out of bed in the morning.

So we lie.

“So we lie.”

But some of us can reckon with that stuff and still find our way out of bed in the morning. I think there’s so much social pressure to lie so as to keep others comfortable. Lest they call us “downers” and vacate our presence. Hurts to feel ostracized, so we tell them what they want to hear. Or at least some choose to do so. I’m not so good at that. Bugs my inner skeptic to play that game. Makes me feel like a manipulative fraud to tell them what they want to hear. They can tell themselves whatever they wish if that’s what they feel the need to do. The best they can hope for from me is that I’ll remain silent on the subject when it comes up.

Oh, totally with ya on that! The great irony of our times is that “How ya doin’?” isn’t actually a question (it really just means “Hello”) and actually providing an answer is usually certain to take someone aback. Especially if it’s an honest complete answer!

“Well, since you asked,…”

There is the kind of meaningless white noise people use for social interaction where the words are just carrier signal. There is nothing real to be said, but proximity demands interaction. Weather and sports provide a catalog of topics people riff on endlessly — a social jazz jam.

But some have short patience with non-real babble and never found the skill worth developing. Just as they are what they are, we are what we are, and the comfort, such as it is, comes from knowing just about everyone one is miserable.

Some just pretend they’re not better than others. Some pretend so good they convince themselves! Trust me on this, I’ve seen it too often. Get deep enough inside anyone and you find a shell-shocked kid going “WTF?! I didn’t sign up for *this*!!”

I think the trick to a lot of success in life has to do with learning to either ignore that or move past it. Maybe some day I’ll figure out that trick. As it is, I don’t quite understand why everyone isn’t cowering under the bed wondering how the hell we ended up in this mess.

As I’ve surely said many times over the years, B… life on the outskirts of the bell curve sucks in many ways. We are wood of the tree prophets are made from, and you know what they do to prophets. One-eyed in the land of the blind.